The fourth day of action of the Australian Open will start shortly. There are quite a few potentially good matches to follow again today and I will then give all my attention (or most of it) to the following (plus Andy Murray’s match, but that is just the fan speaking):
- Janko Tipsarevic (9) vs James Duckworth (second on MCA): I really like watching young Duckworth play and something tells me that if he cannot pull the upset, he will at least give Tipsarevic a run for his money. It should be a fine battle to watch.
- Ryan Sweeting vs David Ferrer (5) (second on Show Court 2): Sweeting can defend himself well, but I just enjoy watching Ferrer play.
- Novak Djokovic (1) vs Santiago Giraldo (third on Rod Laver Arena): I’m pretty sure that Djokovic will win easily, but I want to enjoy Giraldo’s forehand.
- Matthew Ebden vs Kei Nishikori (24) (third on MCA): If I can put 10 cents on an upset, I don’t know why, I’d go with this match.
- Gilles Simon (12) vs Julien Benneteau (last on Court 6): This should be a funny one to watch. The two Frenchmen are known for their habits of gesticulating and muttering when they are upset during a match. There should be a lot of those and so this should be a very entertaining match.
- Bob Bryan/Mike Bryan (1) vs Jonathan Erlich/Andy Ram (last on Court 8): I hope the doubles matches will be streamed when they are on a TV court. The Bryans are usually very successful in Australia and Erlich/Ram are a solid test from the start for them.
- Lleyton Hewitt vs Andy Roddick (15) (last night match on Rod Laver Arena): This is a match I wouldn’t miss for anything. Two veterans who usually give us incredible matches. My concern is really if Hewitt is fit enough and I really hope he is.
Here is the full schedule for today’s matches. Let’s hope for more great tennis!